Searching the Mind Engine

Custom Search

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This Veteran’s Day Let’s Not Forget



This is a picture of me in Talifar, Iraq in 2005. I was on a patrol with my unit and the mission was to hand out transistor radios to the families in our area. The kids were pretty happy to see us that day.



This is another picture of me in Sadr City, 2007 during a raid on a suspected house of a terrorist. To see more pictures from my unit during this adventure click here.



Lastly I would like to honor my friend and fallen comrade. Zachary Tomczak was killed on a patrol that we were on together September 25, 2007. He was an amazing young man; sweet, kind, and strong in every way imaginable. You will never be forgotten.
Send your love, thoughts, and encouragement to all of the heroes here this Veteran's Day; past and present.

2 comments:

  1. Enick, I thank you for sharing and for continuing to help protect this country. Things you are doing and have seen are not going by void. Thank you again my friend. I have and will not forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for placing your safety and life on the line to protect our freedom, rights and way of life.

    It is individuals like you who make it easier to rest at night.

    Sending a hug, even though we're not officially acquainted!

    ReplyDelete