Searching the Mind Engine

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Poetry Tuesday

Firstly, I would like to thank all of the poets and readers that were supportive and continue to assist in making Escaping The Box a successful blog.  In order to meet this first week's poet, I had to get out on foot and go to the Coffee Scene in Fayetteville,  North Carolina during its Open Mic Night.  This guest was one of the many talented voices that night and with him he brought a demeanor that was well calculated yet young, fiery, and vibrant.  So, with no further delay I would like to introduce our first guest to the Stage of Escaping the Box:  Eean "Enfinite" Tyson.


My name is Eean Tyson and I am 27 years old.  I grew up in a military household so I have always believed in, it’s not where you are from but it’s where ya’ at.  Right now, I am living in Fayetteville, NC, and have been here for about a year.  Poetry and I have been in an intimate relationship since I could remember but about 5 months ago I began performing at various open mics to include the Coffee Scene hosted by Neil Ray, the Fig CafĂ©, and Poetry in Motion hosted by LJ Bowens. After the first time I was addicted.  I then began performing in Poetry Slams which is an entirely different animal but I have fallen in love.  I had a great opportunity to perform at the Carolina Theatre in Durham, NC “An Evening with Sonia Sanchez”, a poetry slam and performance by Sonia Sanchez, who is one of my idols.  It was a great and humbling experience.  I have also looked up to the likes of Langston Hughes and Maya Angelo as well.
 I have a great respect for the English language, and have always been the type of person who wanted to bend the rules of literature.  I want to be able to inspire, encourage, and motivate others with my poetry at the same time revealing something about me to the audience.  I am currently working on my first book that will hopefully be completed by early next year (2011) and my first CD that will be out at the end of this year.
I am currently putting together an artist page on FaceBook.  You can search my name Eean Tyson or EnFinite.  You can also reach me by email if you enjoy my work and would like to hear or see more. e.tyson22@gmail.com.



LIFE LIKE ME


Its the best and the worst, my first and my last;
My future once before, now is the past;
I have been there again and before and,
When my ups were down, but my less has always been more,
I’ve kept it all in perspective, even brought darkness to light,
Push drama left in attempts to keep my mind right;
So insecure that confidence will be misconstrued
No nonsense kindness may be portrayed as rude—
Only weakness is my strength, as I forget to remember;
The heat of July or the chill of December;
I been dying to live and give my all to take, I’ve lost focus;
I hope and question whether my pursuits are hopeless;
Doubters so sure that my worth is worthless,
Unaware that my flaws are perfect,
And I view each failure as success
With each line that’s born another faces death
I stay grounded with my head in the skies;
Truth never rests as I’m surrounded by lies;
Realness perpetrated by the fake-
I look back and can’t say that I would correct every mistake;
My short comings will be key in the long run,
Dismissed the right decisions in favor of the wrong one;
Without remorse, I morn
I love in hopes never having to face a woman’s scorn-
This life I live to die with respect;
Or maybe perish trying to live the life, that life never forgets;
We come and we go what is, is what will be;
When I’m done with the world life will never live a life like me...
©2010’

Remember to send all of your work to enick.bostick@gmail.com with a brief bio (pictures are optional).

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great opportunity. I really like what you are doing and your vision for this BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this poem is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much enjoyed your poem, the last 4 lines say it all. Keep it up, you have a unique voice and interesting perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again Eean. I believe I really needed to hear that poem. Anyways, can you explain for the readers what slamming is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you Misty and also to the one who must remain anonymous, I appreciate all the feedback.

    Well a poetry slam is a poetry competition where teams or individuals are judged on their poems and how they perform their poems. Judges are usually picked at random, so there is no biased and sometimes there is even prize money. If you ever have an opportunity to go to a Poetry Slam I highly recommend it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again. We'd love for you to come back in the near future. Spread the word! Poetry Tuesday will continue as long as the poems keep coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great poem!! Great forum to get started!! Good luck or should I say God Luck!! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you very much and God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great poem Eean! I am so proud to know you and can't wait to see what you do next. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always eager and waiting in great expectation for what will come out of the thoughts of Eean "Enfinite". The value of creative thought and world crafting through superiorly scripted human experience is invaluable to the art of poetry. Keep moving through an infinite growth. Your poetry never fails to move me. Veronica aka Sunnee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so proud of you Eean! I knew you would be at this very time with your poetry. I'm excited for your book and to see you live! Your growth will continue... I know it! -negin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Negin, Shannon and Sunee...I appreciate all the support

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eean I am so proud of you! You are so very talented, and this is just the beginning of a very successful future for you! I can't wait to see all the endeavors God brings our way! Keep up the great work babe, I love you! Amanda

    P.S. Everyone look on Eean's fb page for all the venues he performs at, he has so many more great pieces that you will love I'm sure! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard it's not where you're from but where you pay rent... nice work, Eean! I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome poem. I've always enjoyed your work! =)Best to you in all your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the love and I am glad you enjoyed the poem....

    ReplyDelete